I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Thuy Lam Ngo, D.O., M.Ed.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Languages: English, Vietnamese
Expertise: Emergency Medicine, Medical Education, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Research Interests: Medical education; Emergency medical services for children; Simulation; Patient flow
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-6143
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Thuy Lam Ngo is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is pediatric emergency medicine.
Dr. Ngo received her undergraduate degree in chemistry with a specialization in biochemistry from the University of Virginia. She earned her D.O. from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and her M.Ed. from the University of Houston. She completed her residency at Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children in Virginia and performed a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
Dr. Ngo joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2011. She brings with her a strong interest in medical education for patients and their families, paramedics, medical students, residents and fellows. She has given local presentations on the changing world of medical education and hopes to enhance the education of all learners in the emergency department. Prior to joining Johns Hopkins, Dr. Ngo was a clinical instructor at the Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Ngo is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Section on Emergency Medicine and the Texas Medical Association.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Centers & Institutes
- DO, Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2004)
- Inova Fairfax Hospital / Pediatrics (2008)
- Baylor College of Medicine / Pediatric Emergency Medicine (2011)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Emergency Medicine (2013)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2007)
Research & Publications
Ngo TL. "When leg pain is not just a pain in the leg." Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine. 2012 March;13(1):57-62.
Ngo T, Doughty C. "Progressive unilateral arm weakness in a 7-year-old boy." Pediatric Emergency Care. 2010 Sep;26(9):676-7.
Activities & Honors
- Emergi-Quiz Winner, Best Case Presentation, AAP Section of Emergency Medicine, 2010
- Sigma Sigma Phi, National Osteopathic Medical Honor Society, 2002 - 2004
- Member, Texas Medical Association, 2008
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics’ Section on Emergency Medicine, 2004