I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Eleni Apostolos Liapi, M.D., M.Sc.
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Research Interests: Image-guided interventions for treatment of liver cancer; Magnetic hyperthermia with iron nanoparticles; Imaging evaluation of tumor response to therapy; CT perfusion quantitative biomarkers of liver cancer response to therapy ...read more
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 443-997-7237
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Eleni A. Liapi, M.D., Sc. M. is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology within the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science. She is a member of the Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Dr. Liapi specializes in interventional radiology, particularly its use in treating inoperable primary and metastatic liver cancer. She joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2010.
Dr. Liapi obtained her medical degree from the University of Ioannina, Faculty of Medicine, Greece (1996) and a Master’s of Science in Clinical Investigation from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, in Baltimore, MD (2015).
- Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- B.S., Second Greek Lyceum (Greece) (1990)
- M.D., University of Ioannina - Medicine School - Ioannina - (Greece) (1996)
- M.Sc., Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (Maryland) (2015)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsRadiology, Interventional, Radiology, Diagnostic Abdominal
Hong K, Khwaja A, Liapi E, Torbenson MS, Georgiades CS, Geschwind J-FH. New intra-arterial drug delivery system for the treatment of liver cancer: preclinical assessment in a rabbit model of liver cancer. Clinical Cancer Research. 2006;12(8):2563-7.
Kamel IR, Bluemke DA, Eng J, Liapi E, Messersmith W, Reyes DK, Geschwind J-FH. The role of functional MR imaging in the assessment of tumor response after chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of vascular and interventional radiology. 2006;17(3):505-12.
Liapi E, Geschwind J-FH. Transcatheter and ablative therapeutic approaches for solid malignancies. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2007;25(8):978-86.
Kamel IR, Liapi E, Reyes DK, Zahurak M, Bluemke DA, Geschwind J-FH. Unresectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Serial Early Vascular and Cellular Changes after Transarterial Chemoembolization as Detected with MR Imaging. Radiology. 2009;250(2):466-73.
Lewandowski RJ, Geschwind J-F, Liapi E, Salem R. Transcatheter intraarterial therapies: rationale and overview. Radiology. 2011;259(3):641-57.
Activities & Honors
- Merit Award, ASCO GI Cancers Symposium, 2007
- Resident/Fellow Research Award, Society of Interventional Radiology Foundation, 2007
- Institutional National Research Service Award (T32 trainee), Johns Hopkins University and NIH, 2008 - 2010
- Gatewood Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2010
- Clinical Research Scholars Program, Johns Hopkins University and NIH, 2011 - 2014