I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Edward Christian Healy, M.D.
Chairman of Cardiology, Suburban Hospital
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Cardiac Ablation, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Diseases, Cardioversion, Cryoablation, Defibrillators, Echocardiography, Echocardiography and Nuclear Cardiology , Electrophysiology, Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Therapy, Insertion of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator, Nuclear Cardiology, Pacemaker/Defibrillator Implantation, Pacemakers, Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation ...read more
Research Interests: Arrhythmias; Pacing; Defibrillators
Edward C. Healy, M.D., is a cardiologist with Johns Hopkins Community Physicians-Heart Care in Bethesda, Maryland and chairman of cardiology at Suburban Hospital, where he developed the full-service electrophysiology lab, bringing advanced cardiac rhythm devices and radiofrequency ablation to the hospital. Dr. Healy also has privileges at Sibley Memorial Hospital. He is board certified in cardiovascular disease and clinical cardiac electrophysiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Healy has expertise in cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease, echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. He also has expertise in radiofrequency ablation, and performed the first ablation at Suburban Hospital.
Dr. Healy earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Tufts Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Dr. Healy is currently earning his Master of Business Administration degree from Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School.
Dr. Healy is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the Heart Rhythm Society.
Dr. Healy has been named a Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C, Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Healy has participated in numerous research initiatives with an interest in arrhythmias, pacing and defibrillators. He has served as a site investigator and principal investigator for clinical trials.
- Chairman of Cardiology, Suburban Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1997)
- Tufts-New England Medical Center Hospitals / Internal Medicine (2000)
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center / Cardiovascular Disease (2003)
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center / Cardiac Electrophysiology (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2000)
Research & Publications
Clinical Trial KeywordsArrhythmias, Pacing, Defibrillators
Healy EC. "Atrial fibrillation--rate versus rhythm control." N Engl J Med. 2003 Mar 27;348(13):1284-6; author reply 1284-6.
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore Areas, Castle Connolly
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Rhythm Society