I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Erika Franco Rodriguez, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Languages: English, Portuguese
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Erika F. Rodriguez is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Pathology at Johns Hopkins Hospital with sign-out responsibilities on cytopathology, surgical pathology and autopsy.
Dr. Rodriguez's academic and clinical interests focus on pulmonary pathology, including neoplastic and non-neoplastic disease, application of molecular techniques to lung cancer diagnosis, correlation of morphologic criteria in surgical and cytological specimens and morphologic assessment of non-neoplastic lung disease with clinical correlations.
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- MD, Universidade Federal de Sergipe (2001)
- University of Sao Paulo Medical School / Anatomic Pathology (2003)
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education / Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (2012)
- AC Camargo Hospital / Oncologic Pathology (2003)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Cytopathology (2013)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Pathology (2014)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (2012)
- American Board of Pathology / Cytopathology (2013)
Research & Publications
Monaco SE, Rodriguez EF, Mahaffey AL, Dacic, S. FGFR1 Amplification in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung with Correlation of Primary and Metastatic Tumor Status. AM J Clin Pathol. 2016 Jan;145(1):55-61
Rodriguez EF, Monaco SE, Dacic, S. Cytological subtyping of lung adenocarcinoma using the proposed International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society (IASLC/ATS/ERS) Adenocarcinoma Classification. Cancer Cytopathol 2013;121:629-37
Rodriguez EF, Dacic S, Pantanowitz L, Khalbuss WE, Monaco SE. Cytopathology of pulmonary adenocarcinoma with a single histological pattern using the proposed International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society (IASLC/ATS/ERS) classification. Cancer Cytopathol. 2015;123:306-17.
Rodriguez EF, Lum D, Guido R, Austin RM. Cytologic findings in experimental in vivo fallopian tube brush specimens. Acta Cytol. 2013;57(6):611-8.