I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Homa Timlin, M.D., M.Sc.
Instructor of Medicine
Languages: English, Farsi, Romanian
Expertise: Joint Injections, Rheumatology, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease
Research Interests: General rheumatology; Lupus; Lupus nephritis
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-1552
5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Asthma and Allergy Center
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Homa Timlin is an instructor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include general rheumatology, joint injections, systemic lupus erythematosus, lupus nephritis and undifferentiated connective tissue disease.
Dr. Timlin serves on the faculty of the Johns Hopkins Consultative Rheumatology Clinic.
A member of the Royal College of Physicians, Dr. Timlin earned her medical degree at Romania’s Universitatea de Medicana Si Farmacie Carol Davila.
Upon completion of rheumatology fellowships (Oxford Deanery) in the United Kingdom and an internal medicine residency in the United States, she joined the Johns Hopkins Lupus Center. After a one-year postdoctoral lupus fellowship under the mentorship of Dr. Michelle Petri, she finished her post-doctoral fellowship in rheumatology at Johns Hopkins.
She also holds a master’s degree in clinical immunology from London University.
- Instructor of Medicine
- MD, Universitatea de Medicana Si Farmacie Carol Davila (1993)
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust / Internal Medicine (2002)
- Central Middlesex Hospital (2003)
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital (2003)
- St Mary's Hospital / Rheumatology (2003)
- Queen Alexandra Hospital (2004)
- Queen Alexandra Hospital / Critical Care Medicine (2004)
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center / Internal Medicine (2011)
- National Health Service Hospitals United Kingdom / Rheumatology (2009)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Rheumatology (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Rheumatology (2015)
Activities & Honors
- Member, Royal College of Physicians