I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Lucia Ponor, M.B.A., M.D.
Ileana Lucia Ponor, M.B.A., M.D.
Medical Education Director, Division of Hospital Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, French, Romanian
Expertise: Internal Medicine
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Lucia Ponor is an Assistant Professor at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She received her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila, Romania, and a Master’s in Business Administration, focused on Medical Management from Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Dr. Ponor finished her Internal Medicine residency at Case Western Reserve University Hospital.
Dr. Ponor joined the Division of Hospital Medicine as an Academic Hospitalist Fellow in 2010 and became an attending hospitalist physician with the Johns Hopkins Division of Hospital Medicine in 2012. Dr. Ponor served as the Medicine Consult Service Director, and she was also part of several committees. Her special interest is in medical education, with a focus on applying clinical guidelines and emphasis on bedside teaching and clinical reasoning. In 2016, Dr. Ponor earned the Clinical Excellence Award. Her passion for teaching, and her drive to excel in patient care, help Dr. Ponor become the Medical Education Director in the Division of Hospital Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and the Sub-I Clerkship Director. Dr. Ponor is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. She also earned her MBA degree in Medical Management. Dr. Ponor works closely with Dr. Kotwal in delivering Clinical Reasoning Curriculum to Internal Medicine Residency Program at Johns Hopkins Bayview.
- Medical Education Director, Division of Hospital Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Carol Davila (1995)
- St Pantelimon University Hospital / Family Practice (2004)
- St. Vincent Charity Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2010)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2010)
Activities & Honors
- Award for Clinical Excellence, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 2016
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- Society to Improve Diagnostic in Medicine
- Society of Bedside Medicine