Dr. Ahmad received his medical degree from Aga Khan University in Karachi, Pakistan.
He completed his internal medicine residency at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland OH.
He completed his Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology Fellowships at Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University/Christiana Care Health Services, Delaware
Dr. Ahmad is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, and Physicians' Vascular Interpretation.
His special interest are:
- Coronary Angiography
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (Coronary Stent Placement)
Peripheral Endovascular Interventions
- Peripheral Angiography
- Peripheral Endovascular Interventions with stents and drug coated balloons
- Peripheral atherectomy including the use of laser atherectomy, Silver Hawk atherectomy
Renal Angiogram / Angioplasty / Stents
Structural Heart Disease
- Transcatherter Aortic valve replacement (TAVR/TAVI)
- Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) closure and Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) closure