I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Aline Charabaty Pishvaian, M.D.
Director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Arabic, French
Expertise: Celiac Disease, Colitis, Colon Cancer, Crohn's Disease, Diarrhea, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Ulcerative Colitis
Request an Appointment
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Sibley Memorial Hospital
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 202-660-5555
5255 Loughboro Road NW Washington, DC 20016
Aline Charabaty, M.D., is the director of the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
She received her medical degree from Saint Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, and completed her internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Before joining Johns Hopkins Medicine, Dr. Charabaty was the director of the IBD Center at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital for more than 10 years.
In addition to her expertise in IBD, Dr. Charabaty has a particular interest in women’s health, celiac disease and cancer prevention.
Dr. Charabaty has consulted for the FDA and she is the chair of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of the D.C. metropolitan area. She is a reviewer for peer-reviewed gastroenterology journals and section editor for Practical Reviews in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Charabaty received the Gastroenterology Award in Excellence in Teaching Residents and Fellows from Georgetown University and has also been recognized as "Top Doctor" by her peers in Washingtonian Magazine and the Washington Consumers’ CheckBook.
- Director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Faculty Of Medicine St Josephs University (1998)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2002)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Gastroenterology (2005)
Activities & Honors
- Top Contributor AGA Community, American Gastroenterology Association Community, 2018 - 2018
- Gastroenterology Award in Excellence in Teaching Residents and Fellows, Georgetown University Hospital, 2013 - 2013
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation (CCF)
Chair of the Mission Committee of the Greater Washington DC Metropolitan area Chapter: Jan. 2012-present.
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- American College of Gastroenterologist (ACG)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Report with WTOP-FM: IBD in women.