I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pegah Dehghan, M.D.
Languages: English, Farsi
Expertise: Muscular Diseases, Neuromuscular Disease, Neuromuscular Medicine, Orthostatic Intolerance, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ...read more
Dr. Pegah Dehghan is rehabilitation physician specializing in neuromuscular rehabilitation and postural ortostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). She is trained in electrodiagnostic medicine and muscle biopsy.
Dr. Dehghan completed her physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Montefiore Medical Center in 2015, followed by muscular dystrophy fellowship at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Dr. Dehghan has also been designing, implementing and participating in clinical trials in muscular dystrophy for more than 2 years.
Dr. Dehghan became interested in orthostatic intolerance and POTS during her fellowship training, having allocated part of the training to learn about the syndrome. She has presented her research at national conferences.
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (2005)
- Montefiore Medical Center / Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2018)
- Kennedy Krieger Institute / Muscular Dystrophy (2018)
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab / Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (2016)
Research & Publications
Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at the Wrist (Guyon’s Canal) a Chapter in Musculoskeletal Sports and Spine Disorders, Conditions: A Comprehensive Guide, Publisher: Springer
Weightlifting in Adaptive Sports a Chapter in Adaptive Sports Medicine, Conditions: A Clinical Guide, Publisher: Springer
Activities & Honors
- Leo M. Davidoff Society Award, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2015
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
- American of Academic of Physiatrists (AAP)