I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Cameron G McDougall, M.D.
Director of Endovascular Neurosurgery
Professor of Neurosurgery
Expertise: Arteriovenous Fistulas (AVF), Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM), Cerebrovascular Diseases, Intracranial Aneurysm, Stroke
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-2438
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower, Suite 6115E Baltimore, MD 21287
Cameron McDougall is Director of Endovascular Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins and has focused his entire career on the treatment of stroke and cerebrovascular disease. He was one of the first neurosurgeons in the country to receive fellowship training in endovascular techniques. He has been extensively involved in research to improve endovascular techniques, including being the principal investigator on large, randomized, international studies. He is a past president of the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery, has published more than 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals and his publications have been cited more than 14,000 times. He is certified in neurological surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons as well as the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
- Director of Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Professor of Neurosurgery
Departments / Divisions
- Neurosurgery - Endovascular Neurosurgery
- MD, University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine (1986)
- University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine / Orthopaedic Surgery (1989)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine / Neurosurgery (1992)
- University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine / Neurosurgery (1993)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine / Interventional Neuroradiology (1995)
- American Board of Neurological Surgery / Neurological Surgery (2000)
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada / Neurosurgery (1993)
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada / Surgery (1993)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Eskey CJ, Meyers PM, Nguyen TN, Ansari SA, Jayaraman M, McDougall CG, DeMarco JK, Gray WA, Hess DC, Higashida RT, Pandey DK, Peña C, Schumacher HC; Indications for the Perfomance of Intracranial Endovascular Neurointerventional Procedures: A Scientific Statement from the American Heart Association. American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention and Stroke Council.
Moon, K., Park, M.S., Albuquerque, F.C., Levitt, M.R., Mulholland, C.B., McDougall, C.G. Changing Paradgms in the Endovascular Management of Ruptured Anterior Communicating Artery Aneurysms, Neurosurgery, 2017 Oct 1
Gross, B.A., Albuquerque, F.C., Moon, K., McDougall, C.G. Evolution of treatment and a detailed analysis of occlusion, recurrence, and clinical outcomes in an endovascular library of 260 dural arteriovennous fistulas. J Neurosurgery, 2017 Jun
Gross, B.A., Albuquerque, F.C., Moon, K., Ducruet, A.F., McDougall, C.G. Endovascular treatment of previously clipped aneurysms: continued evolution of hybrid neurosurgery. Journal of Neurosurgery, 2107 Feb
Gross, B.A., Moon, K., McDougall, CG Endovascular management of arteriovenous malformations. Handbook of Clinical Neurology
Activities & Honors
- The Canadian Neurosurgical Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Academy of Neurological Surgeons
- Joint Section on Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery (Senior Member)
- American Stroke Association