I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Peter Stephen Vosler, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years), Geriatrics (55+ years)
Expertise: Head and Neck Cancers, Laryngeal Cancer, Microvascular Reconstruction, Oropharynx Cancers, Parotid Gland Tumors, Squameous Cell Carcinoma, Thyroid Cancer, Transoral robotic surgery (TORS) ...read more
Research Interests: Head and neck cancer, Outcome measures, Transoral robotic surgery, Microvascular reconstruction
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Dr. Vosler is a head and neck surgeon who treats patients with both benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck involving the oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, parotid, skin, thyroid and parathyroid glands. Dr. Vosler is also trained in microvascular reconstructive surgery by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His clinical interests include improved functional outcome following head and neck reconstruction. His research is focused on implementation of technology in the advancement of surgical practice.
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (2010)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center / Otolaryngology (2016)
- University of Toronto Postgraduate Programs in Medicine (2018)
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery / Otolaryngology (2017)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Vosler, PS, Orsini, M., Enepekides, DJ, & Higgins, KM (2017). Predicting complications of major head and neck oncological surgery: an evaluation of the ACS NSQIOP surgical risk calculator. J Otolaryngol Heand Neck Surg, 47(1), 21. PMID: 29566750.
Noel, CW, Vosler PS, Hong, M, Orsini, M, Enepedides, D, & Higgins, K. (2017). Motor and sensory morbidity associated with the anterolateral thigh perforator free flap. Laryngoscope, Epub ahead of print, PMID 29105774.
Vosler, PS, Kass, JI, Wang, EW, and Snyderman, CH. (2016). Successful implementation of a clinical care pathway for management of epistaxis at a tertiary-care center. Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg. 155950, 879-885. PMID: 27352889.
Davis, KS, Vosler, PS, Yu, J and Wang, EW. (2016). Intraoperative image guidance improves outcomes in complex orbital reconstruction by novice surgeons. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 74(7), 1420-1425. PMID: 27019413.
Vosler, PS, Ferguson, BJ, Contreras, JI, Wang, EW, Schaitkin, BM, and Lee, S. (2014). Clinical and pathologic characteristics of intranasal abuse of combined opioid-acetaminophen medications. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol, 4(10), 839-44. PMID: 25137346.
Activities & Honors
- First Place Best Video, Third World Congress on Thyroid Cancer, Boston, M, 2017
- First Place Francis W. Davison Award for Outstanding Oral Presentation, Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Hershey, PA, 2015
- Leadership Grant, 2014 American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Annual AAO-HNS meeting, 2014
- Research Fund for International Young Scientists, Fudan University, Shangai, China, 2012
- Hinder Award in Otolaryngology - Outstanding Medical Student pursuing a career in Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2011
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Head and Neck Association
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Limited Predictive Value of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Risk Calculator for use in Head and Neck Oncology Surgical Patients
Oral presentation, Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting, San Diego, CA (04/01/2017)
Implementation of a clinical care pathway for epistaxis management
Best Oral Presentation, Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX (09/01/2015)
American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Society Foundation
Mechanisms of Cell Death in Stroke: From Energy Depletion to Protein Synthesis Inhibition
Oral presentation, Shanghai, China (06/01/2012)
Department of Neurobiology, Fudan University