I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Tanya Joelle W McDonald, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Epilepsy, Epilepsy and Pregnancy, Neurology
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Tanya J. W. McDonald focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy and seizures. Her specific interests include dietary therapies for adults with epilepsy, evaluations for seizure surgery and epilepsy in women (including considerations during pregnancy).
Her research focuses on the impact of ketogenic diets like the modified Atkins diets, on cardiovascular health measures in adults with epilepsy.
Dr. McDonald completed her undergraduate studies at Emory University and received her medical and doctoral degrees from Cornell University. She trained in neurology and epilepsy at Johns Hopkins and is board certified in neurology and epilepsy.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2016)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Epilepsy (2018)
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology / Epilepsy (2017)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Neurology (2016)
Research & Publications