I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jinny Suk Ha, M.D., M.H.S.
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Expertise: Benign Tumors of the Lung, Chest Reconstruction, Chest Wall Tumors, Esophageal Cancer, Esophageal Reconstruction, Lung Cancer, Lung Transplant, Mediastinal Masses, Pleural Diseases, Plication for Diaphragm Paralysis ...read more
Jinny Ha is an assistant professor of surgery and thoracic surgeon at Johns Hopkins. She received her medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine and completed her general surgery residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center. She then completed a cardiothoracic surgery fellowship at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine (2008)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / General Surgery (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiac Surgery (2018)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery-General (2017)
Research & Publications
Wademan M, Ha J, Singh H, Markan Y, Sharma P, Kasamon K, Oh H, Citron W, Cohen R, Deluca R, Boutros C. Current indications, techniques and results of cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for intra-abdominal malignancies. Surgery Curr Res. 2012;(2):2-5*co-first author.
Ha J, Burrows WM. Principles of Thoracic Surgery, In: NMS Surgery. 6th edition. Bruce Jarrell and Stephen Kavic. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2015.
Ha J, Battafarano RJ. Management of Zenker’s Diverticulum, In: Current Surgical Therapy. 12th edition. Cameron JL, Cameron AM (eds). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders 2017.
Davis TA, Yesantharao P, Ha J, Prescott JD, Yang SC. An unusual etiology of hyperparathyroidism: robotic-assisted resection of a giant functional intrathymic parathyroid cyst. J Vu Surg 2018;4(88):1-5.
Crawford TC, Magruder JT, Lui C, Ha J, Higgins RS, Merlo CA, Kim BS, Bush EL. 5-year mortality hazard is reduced in COPD patients receiving double versus single lung transplants. J Surg Res. 2018 [in press].
Crawford TC, Lui C, Magruder JT, Suzrez-Pierre A, Ha JS, Higgins RS, Broderick SR, Merlo CA, Kim BS, Bush EL. Traumatically brain-injured donors and the impact on lung transplant survival. Ann Thorac Surg 2018. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018 [epub ahead].
Activities & Honors
- Young Investigator Award, American Transplant Congress, 2011
- Finalist, Genzyme Transplant Fellow's Conference, 2012
- AATS Graham Foundation Surgical Robotic Fellowship Award, 2016
- Women in Thoracic Surgery Scholarship, 2017
- American College of Surgeons, 2008 - 2015
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons, 2011 - 2015
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2015
- Southern Thoracic Surgical Association, 2017
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2017
- Peer Reviewer, The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2016