I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jinny Suk Ha, M.D., M.H.S.
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Jinny Ha is an assistant professor of surgery and thoracic surgeon at Johns Hopkins. She received her medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine and completed her general surgery residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center. She then completed a cardiothoracic surgery fellowship at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine (2008)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / General Surgery (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiac Surgery (2018)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery-General (2017)
Research & Publications
Wademan M, Ha J, Singh H, Markan Y, Sharma P, Kasamon K, Oh H, Citron W, Cohen R, Deluca R, Boutros C. Current indications, techniques and results of cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for intra-abdominal malignancies. Surgery Curr Res. 2012;(2):2-5*co-first author.
Ha J, Burrows WM. Principles of Thoracic Surgery, In: NMS Surgery. 6th edition. Bruce Jarrell and Stephen Kavic. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2015.
Ha J, Battafarano RJ. Management of Zenker’s Diverticulum, In: Current Surgical Therapy. 12th edition. Cameron JL, Cameron AM (eds). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders 2017.
Davis TA, Yesantharao P, Ha J, Prescott JD, Yang SC. An unusual etiology of hyperparathyroidism: robotic-assisted resection of a giant functional intrathymic parathyroid cyst. J Vu Surg 2018;4(88):1-5, manuscript preparation.
Crawford TC, Magruder JT, Lui C, Ha J, Higgins RS, Merlo CA, Kim BS, Bush EL. 5-year mortality hazard is reduced in COPD patients receiving double versus single lung transplants. J Surg Res. 2018 [in press], manuscript preparation
Crawford TC, Lui C, Magruder JT, Suzrez-Pierre A, Ha JS, Higgins RS, Broderick SR, Merlo CA, Kim BS, Bush EL. Traumatically brain-injured donors and the impact on lung transplant survival. Ann Thorac Surg 2018. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018 [epub ahead], manuscript preparation.
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Courses and Syllabi
Lecturer, “VATS 101,” Evaluation and Management of Pleura Disease
Activities & Honors
- Young Investigator Award, American Transplant Congress, 2011
- Finalist, Genzyme Transplant Fellow's Conference, 2012
- AATS Graham Foundation Surgical Robotic Fellowship Award, 2016
- Women in Thoracic Surgery Scholarship, 2017
- American College of Surgeons, 2008 - 2015
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons, 2011 - 2015
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2015
- Southern Thoracic Surgical Association, 2017
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2017
- Peer Reviewer, The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2016
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Surgical Management of Early Lung Cancer in High Risk Patients
Invited Talk, Thoracic Tumor Board, Baltimore, MD (10/01/2018)
University of Maryland Medical Center
Standardization of Esophagogastric Anastomotic Technique Among All Surgeons Decreases the Leak Rate After Esophagectomy
Oral Presentation, Baltimore, MD (01/01/2013)
Maryland ACS Chapter
Lung transplantation in African Americans with cystic fibrosis: Understanding rarities amongst the rare
Oral Presentation, Chicago, IL (01/01/2017)
Society of Black Academic Surgeons
Morbidity and mortality otucomes after esophagectomy following chemoradiation using a standardized operative technique
Poster, Gastrointestinal Cancer Symposium, San Francisco, CA (01/01/2018)