I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Rena Ruiyu Xian, M.D., M.S.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Languages: English, Mandarin
Dr. Rena Xian is an assistant professor of Pathology and Oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include diagnostic hematopathology and molecular pathology. Dr. Xian has developed numerous molecular assays, and is an expert in clinical next-generation sequencing.
Her research interests include studying genetic alterations found in hematologic malignancies, particularly B-cell neoplasms, as potential biomarkers, and the application of large-scale genomics and novel techniques to cancer diagnosis, prognosis and therapeutics.
Dr. Xian is also passionate about medical education, and the training of genetically-informed physicians. She is active in several professional societies including the Association for Molecular Pathology and the Society of Hematopathology.
Prior to joining Johns Hopkins, Dr. Xian was an assistant professor of Pathology and Lab Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles.
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
Departments / Divisions
- Pathology - Hematologic Pathology
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2009)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - GME / Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (2013)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Hematopathology (2014)
- UCLA Medical Center David Geffen School of Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (2013)
- American Board of Pathology / Hematology (2014)
- American Board of Pathology / Molecular Genetic Pathology (2015)