I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Thomas Alan Nakagawa, M.D.
Chief, Critical Care Medicine
Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Chief, Critical Care Medicine
- Director, Pediatric Intensive Care
- Medical Director Respiratory Care
- Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- B.S., Texas Tech University (Texas) (1981)
- M.D., Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine (Lubbock) (Texas) (1986)
Research & Publications
Standardization of Pediatric Inter-Facility Transport Handover: Measuring the Development of a Shared Mental Model. Sochet AA, Ryan KS, Bartlett JL, Nakagawa TA, Bingham L. Pediatric Critical Care 2018;19:e72-e79
Vyas H, Nakagawa TA. Pediatric Donor Management. Up To Date. Revision 2014, 2016, 2018
Vyas H, Nakagawa TA. Assessment of the Pediatric Patient for Potential Organ Donation. Up To Date. 2010. Revised 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018
Time of Admission to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Mortality. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.2017; 18:915–923
Matthew J. Weiss, Laura Hornby, Sam D. Shemie, Michael van Manen, Sonny Dhanani, V. Ben Sivarajan, Amber Appleby, Mary Bennet, Daniel Buchman, Catherine Farrell, Aviva Goldberg, Rebecca Greenberg, Ram Singh, Thomas A. Nakagawa, William Witteman, Bram Rochwerg, and the members of the pDCD Guideline Development Working Groups. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2017;18:1035-1046
Activities & Honors
- Best Doctors in America
- Best Doctors in Florida
- American College of Critical Care Guidelines Award. Recognizing Leadership in the Multi-Society Pediatric Brain Death Guidelines, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Foundation and National Kidney Foundation DonorCARE award, National Kidney Foundation
- Presidential Citation, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- The Transplantation Society
- International Society of Donation and Procurement