I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Baligh Ramzi Yehia, M.D., M.Sc.
Senior Medical Director for Community Care, Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians and the Division of Infectious Diseases
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Arabic
Expertise: Internal Medicine
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Baligh Yehia is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise is internal medicine. Dr. Yehia serves as the senior medical director for community care in the Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians and the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
He earned his M.D. from the University of Florida College of Medicine. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Johns Hopkins and performed a fellowship in infectious diseases at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Yehia joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2018.
Prior to joining Johns Hopkins, Dr. Yehia served at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs as the deputy undersecretary for health for community care and chief executive of community care.
- Senior Medical Director for Community Care, Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians and the Division of Infectious Diseases
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, University of Florida College of Medicine (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2009)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - GME / Infectious Diseases (2011)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2011)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2009)
Research & Publications
Dr. Yehia's research focuses on evaluating health outcomes in individuals with HIV infection and on interventions aimed at improving the healthcare environment for sexual and gender minorities. He has published over 150 articles, abstracts, chapters, and white papers, making important contributions to the understanding of patient engagement in healthcare and individual and environmental factors influencing access to and participation in care.
Technology Expertise KeywordsHIV; Infectious Diseases; LGBT Health; Health Integration; Care Model Redesign
Activities & Honors
- Up & Comer Award, Modern Healthcare
- Top Healthcare Leader Under 40, Becker's Healthcare
- Exemplary Service Award, Veterans Health Administration
- John D. Chase Award for Executive Excellence
- Walter J. McDonald Award, American College of Physicians
- Leadership Award, American Medical Association Foundation