I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jordan Steinberg, M.D., Ph.D.
Jordan Philip Steinberg, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Specializes in: Adolescents (12-18 years), Children (1-11 years), Infants (up to 1 year)
Expertise: Apert/Crouzon Syndrome, Benign Pathology of the Jaw, Cleft Lip, Cleft Palate, Craniofacial Reconstruction, Craniofacial Surgery, Craniomaxillofacial Surgery , Craniosynostosis, Dentofacial Deformities, Distraction Osteogenesis, Ear Surgery, Facial Lesions, Facial Scar Revision, Facial Trauma, Jaw Dislocation or Fracture, Jaw Tumors, Malocclusion, Microtia, Nasal Reconstruction, Neonatal Distraction, Neonatal Ear Molding, Orbital Trauma, Orthognathic Surgery , Pediatric Craniofacial Disorders, Pediatric Dermatology, Pediatric Facial Trauma, Pediatric Head and Neck Masses, Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Torticollis, Pierre Robin Syndrome, Plagiocephaly, Plastic Surgery, Polydactyly (extra fingers), Reconstructive Jaw Surgery, Sleep Apnea Surgery, Stickler Syndrome ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 443-997-9466
1800 Orleans St. Baltimore, MD 21287
Johns Hopkins Harriet Lane Clinic
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 443-997-9466
200 N. Wolfe Street Rubenstein Child Health Building, Lower Level Baltimore, MD 21287
Anne Arundel Medical Center
2003 Medical Parkway Wayson Pavilion Suite 102 Annapolis, MD 21401
Dr. Jordan P. Steinberg is an Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Johns Hopkins, where he specializes in Pediatric and Craniofacial Plastic Surgery at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center.
Dr. Steinberg received his medical degree as well as a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He then completed a residency in Plastic Surgery (integrated) at Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center followed by a fellowship in Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Prior to joining the faculty at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Steinberg served on the attending staff at Advocate Children’s Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois as a Pediatric/Craniofacial Plastic Surgeon.
Dr. Steinberg’s research focuses on clinical outcomes in cleft and craniofacial surgery as well as translational efforts in understanding the neurodevelopmental consequences of craniosynostosis. Dr. Steinberg has been recognized for his many contributions in both basic science and clinical research, including with a grant from the Plastic Surgery Foundation as well as the Best Pediatric/Craniofacial Paper Award from the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal in 2016. He is also an internationally credentialed plastic surgeon volunteer with Operation Smile.
- Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University - GME / Plastic Surgery (2014)
- Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta (2015)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (2016)
Research & Publications
- Clinical outcomes research in pediatric plastic and cleft/craniofacial surgery
- Neurodevelopmental sequelae of craniosynostosis
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Chung, H.J.,* Steinberg, J.P.,* Huganir, R.L., and Linden, D.J. Requirement of AMPA receptor GluR2 phosphorylation for cerebellar long-term depression. Science 2003;300:1751-1755 [*equal author contribution]
Steinberg, J.P.,* Takamiya, K.,* Shen, Y., Xia, J., Rubio, M.E., Yu, S., Jin, W., Thomas, G.M., Linden, D.J., and Huganir, R.L. Targeted in vivo mutations of the AMPA receptor subunit GluR2 and its interacting protein PICK1 eliminate cerebellar long-term depression. Neuron 2006:49:845-860. [*equal author contribution]
Steinberg, J.P., Rawlani, R., Humphries, L.S., Rawlani, R., and Vicari, F.A. Effectiveness of conservative and helmet therapy for positional cranial deformation. Plast Reconstr Surg 2015;135:833-842
Steinberg, J.P., Brady, C.M., and Burstein, F.D. Primary Abbe flap for severe bilateral and median cleft lip deformity: new trends on an old concept. J Craniofac Surg 2016;27:480-483
Steinberg, J.P., Brady, C., Waters, B.R., Soldanska, M., Burstein, F.D., Thomas, J.E., and Williams, J.K. Mid-term dental and nerve-related complications of infant distraction for Robin Sequence. Plast Reconstr Surg 2016;138:82e-90e
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons CRANIO traveling fellowship recipient, 2019
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal Best Pediatric/Craniofacial Paper Award, 2016
- Resident Research Day First Prize Winner, 4th Annual Plastic Surgery Resident Research Day, Northwestern University Division of Plastic Surgery, 2014
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons Resident Scholar Award, 2012
- Wound Biotechnology Foundation Travel Award-2011, Wound Healing Society, 2011
- National Student Research Award, Association for Academic Surgery, 2007
- Nupur Dinesh Thekdi Young Investigator's Day Award, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2006
- Franklin Paine Mall Award, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2000
- Howard Clark Award, Duke University School of Engineering, 1999
- Tau Beta Pi Honorary Society in Engineering, 1998
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society, 2007
- AO Craniomaxillofacial, Member, 2007
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, Active member, 2013
- American Society of Craniofacial Surgeons, Affiliate member, 2011
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, Active member, 2017
- American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons, Active member, 2017
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Plastic Surgery Section, Specialty Fellow, 2017
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active member, 2017
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow, 2017
- Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons, member, 2017
- American Medical Association, member, 2017
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active member
- American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons, Active member
- Internationally credentialed plastic surgeon volunteer, Operation Smile, 2017