I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Simon Cochukattil Mathews, M.D.
Assistant Director, Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality at Johns Hopkins Bayview
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Quality Measures
Dr. Mathews leads efforts in clinical innovation at the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality. He is focused on transforming hospitals and health systems into highly reliable organizations that excel in delivering high quality care. He works closely on strategic initiatives at AI including the development of learning healthcare systems, expansion of governance structures for quality and safety, and collaborations with strategic partners including Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab and Ernst & Young.
In addition, he works clinically in the Division of Gastroenterology at Johns Hopkins where he is immersed in quality and safety efforts. He earned his medical degree at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and completed his clinical training in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at Johns Hopkins. Prior to his medical training he also worked briefly in investment banking at Goldman Sachs in New York City. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia where he studied Economics as a Jefferson Scholar.
- Assistant Director, Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality at Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology and Hepatology (2017)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2014)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy