I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Prasanna Santhanam, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil
Expertise: Endocrinology, Radiology
Research Interests: Nuclear Endocrinology; Metabolic and Molecular Imaging
Dr. Prasanna Santhanam is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
He previously held an appointment at the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University as assistant professor in medicine. He has experience in both academic and private practice of clinical endocrinology.
Dr. Santhanam is a board-certified endocrinologist with addition training in nuclear medicine at the Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences at Johns Hopkins. He underwent the additional training to pursue his research interests in nuclear medicine and molecular imaging of endocrine glands and disorders.
He received his M.B.B.S. from B.J. Medical College and his M.D. from NHL Municipal Medical College – Sheth K. M. School of Post Graduate Medicine and Research. In addition to his nuclear medicine residency at Johns Hopkins, he completed a residency in medicine at NHL Municipal Medical College – Sheth K. M. School of Post Graduate Medicine and Research and a residency in internal medicine at Marshall University School of Medicine. He performed a fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at Marshall University School of Medicine.
Dr. Santhanam joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2017.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBBS, B J Medical College (2001)
- MD, NHL Municipal Medical College-Sheth KM School of PGM and R (2003)
- NHL Municipal Medical College-Sheth KM School of PGM and R / Medicine (2003)
- Marshall University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2008)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nuclear Medicine (2017)
- Marshall University School of Medicine / Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Endocrinology/Diabetes/Metabolism (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2008)
Research & Publications
Contact for Research Inquiries
1830 E. Monument Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Activities & Honors
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Thyroid Association
- Endocrine Society