I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Parvez Mubasshir Lokhandwala, M.B.B.S., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Languages: English, Gujarati, Hindi
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Parvez M. Lokhandwala is an Assistant Professor of Pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Clinically, Dr. Lokhandwala attends on the Transfusion Medicine, the Diagnostic Immunology and the Molecular Diagnostics services.
His research focuses on two primary areas: 1. development of novel (molecular) tests and technologies in field of transfusion medicine and 2. modification of blood products to reduce the risk of transfusion reactions, especially reducing the risk of Transfusion Associated Lung Injury (TRALI), the number one cause of transfusion-related death.
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- MBBS, Maharaja Sayajirao University (2002)
- Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center / Pathology (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2016)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine (2017)
Activities & Honors
- American Molecular Pathology
- AABB (American Association of Blood Bank)
- Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Diagnostic Immunology