I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Woonyoung Choi, M.S., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Urology
Expertise: Bladder Cancer
Dr. Choi is an Assistant Professor of Urology and Director of Genomics for the Greenberg Bladder Cancer Institute. Dr. Choi was trained as a postdoctoral fellow in the Cancer Genomics Core Laboratory at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, then joined at the department of Urology to have played a leadership role in the management of the expression profiling facility that is implementing next generation sequencing, microarray and real-time PCR in the department.
Her research is focused on defining the biological mechanisms underlying the molecular subtypes that are observed in bladder cancer, with the goal of developing new therapeutic interventions.
- Assistant Professor of Urology
Departments / Divisions
- B.S., Pusan National University (Korea) (1994)
- M.S., Pusan National University (Korea) (1998)
- Ph.D., Pusan National University (Korea) (2001)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
McConkey D, Choi W, Dinney C. Reply to Mattias Aine, Fredrik Liedberg, Gottfrid Sjödahl, and Mattias Höglund's Letter to the Editor re: David J. McConkey, Woonyoung Choi, Colin P.N. Dinney. New Insights into Subtypes of Invasive Bladder Cancer: Considerations of the Clinician. Eur Urol 2014;66:609-10. Eur Urol., 9/2014. PMID: 25199718.
McConkey DJ, Choi W, Ochoa A, Siefker-Radtke A, Czerniak B, Dinney CP. Therapeutic opportunities in the intrinsic subtypes of muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 29(2):377-94, 4/2015. PMID: 25836941.
McConkey DJ, Choi W, Dinney CP. Genetic subtypes of invasive bladder cancer. Current Opinion in Urology 25(5):449-58, 9/2015. PMID: 26218634.
Kamat AM, Hahn NM, Efstathiou JA, Lerner SP, Malmström PU, Choi W, Guo CC, Lotan Y, Kassouf W. Bladder cancer.Lancet. 2016 Dec 3;388(10061):2796-2810. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30512-8. PMID: 27345655
Activities & Honors
- Career Development Award of the Bladder Cancer SPORE, NIH/NCI, 2008 - 2011
- Travel Scholarship Award, Oncology Meeting Innovations
- Cancer Res 69(14):5820-8, 7/2009 - Selected as one of “Influential Articles’ in ‘75th Anniversary Celebration’ of ‘Cancer Research’ (http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/site/misc/75th_anniversary/CR75_influential_articles.html
- 2017, Developmental Research Program Grant, Greenberg Bladder Cancer Institute.