I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Deepak Takhtani, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Languages: English, Hindi, Sindhi
Deepak Takhtani, M.D. came to Johns Hopkins Medicine from University of Massachusetts Medical School and UMass Memorial Hospital, where he served as the chief of diagnostic neuroradiology division for several years. He received his bachelor’s degree in Medicine from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Poona, India.
After completing his short service commission tenure as a Medical Officer in the Indian Navy, he was selected in Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh India, where he completed his residency in Radiology in 1992. He then continued as a registrar till 1995 when he migrated to the USA.
He completed his residency from University of South Alabama and was board certified in 1999. He has done fellowships in musculoskeletal imaging and neuroradiology from UTMB Galveston and Johns Hopkins respectively.
Besides publishing several papers, he has authored an iBook - “MCQ based review of neuroradiology”. His main interests are in the area of online publication, cloud based PACS, clinical decision support system and use of machine learning in imaging.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Neuroradiology
- MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College University Of Pune (1985)
- MD, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (1992)
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research / Radiology (1995)
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine / Radiology (1999)
- University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine / Musculoskeletal Radiology (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neuroradiology (2000)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1999)
- American Board of Radiology / Neuroradiology (2001)