I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Alessandro G. Cusano, D.D.S., M.D.
Instructor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Alessandro Cusano is a craniofacial fellow and instructor with the plastics & reconstructive surgery department at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Cusano is a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery, a surgical specialty that provides treatment of injuries, diseases and defects of the face, jaws and mouth.
Dr. Cusano earned an undergraduate degree from the University of British Columbia/Vancouver before completing a doctoral in dentistry at the University of Western Ontario. He completed a residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Detroit Medical Center and the University of California and an internship in surgery at the University of California. He most recently completed a residency in plastic & reconstructive surgery at the University of California Davis Medical Center.
Dr. Cusano was awarded with the 2011and 2012 Stanford Health Foundation Guardian Angel Recipient for outstanding and compassionate care.
- Instructor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- B.Sc., University of British Columbia (Canada) (1997)
- D.D.S., University of Western Ontario Faculty of Dentistry (Canada) (2001)
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine (Detroit) (Michigan) (2005)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- 2011, 2012 Sanford Health Foundation Guardian Angel Recipient for outstanding and compassionate care.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS), Fellow, 2013
- American Head & Neck Society (AHNS), Fellow, 2013
- American Academy of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons (AACMFS), Founding Fellow, 2013