I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Michael Adam Gorin, M.D.
4.6 out of 5
Director of the Prostate Cancer Precision Medicine Center of Excellence
Assistant Professor of Urology
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Ablation, Active Surveillance of Prostate Cancer, Advanced Laparoscopy, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), Cryosurgery, Kidney biopsy , Kidney Cancer, Kidney Stones, Kidney Tumors, Laparoscopic Kidney Surgery, Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Prostate Cancer, Prostate Disease, Robotic Prostatectomy, Robotic Surgery, Urology ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-6100
600 N. Wolfe Street Park 213 Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone: 410-502-7710 | Fax: 410-502-7711
- Director of the Prostate Cancer Precision Medicine Center of Excellence
- Director of Clinical Operations
- Director of Urology Clinical Trials
- Co-Director of the Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Assistant Professor of Urology
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- MD, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Urology (2017)
- Pending/Scheduled / Urology
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Patel HD, Vidal I, Mana-Ay M, Javadi MS, Solnes LB, Ross AE, Schaeffer EM, Bivalacqua TJ, Partin AW, Pienta KJ, Szabo Z, De Marzo AM, Pomper MG, Allaf ME. PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT in the preoperative staging of men with high-risk prostate cancer: results of a prospective phase II single-center study. J Urol 2017; in press
Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Denmeade SR. Clinical applications of molecular imaging in the management of prostate cancer. PET Clin 2017; 12: 185-192
Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Baras A, Solnes L, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Pavlovich CP, Epstein JI, Javadi MS, Allaf ME. Prospective evaluation of 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT/CT for the diagnosis of renal oncocytomas and hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumors. Eur Urol 2016; 69(3): 413-6
Gorin MA, Pomper MG, Pienta KJ, Rowe SP. Defining the clinical utility of PSMA-targeted PET imaging of prostate cancer. BJU Int 2017; 120(2): 160-161
Rowe SP, Javadi MS, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Characterization of indeterminate renal masses with molecular imaging: how do we turn potential into reality? EJNMMI Res 2017; 7(1): 34
Activities & Honors
- American Urological Association, 2011