I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Kenneth Ng, D.O.
Medical Director of Endoscopy
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Languages: English, Cantonese
Expertise: Biliary Disease, Esophageal Diseases, Pancreatic Disease, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatrics, Therapeutic Endoscopy
Research Interests: Therapeutic endoscopy; pancreatic diseases; biliary diseases; esophageal disorders
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 North Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Kenneth Ng is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and the Medical Director of Endoscopy in the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His professional interests include therapeutic endoscopy, endoscopic innovations, pancreatic diseases, biliary diseases, and esophageal disorders.
Dr. Ng received his medical degree from the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his pediatric residency at Cohen Children's Medical Center and did a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Baylor College of Medicine. After fellowship, he was an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Baylor College of Medicine practicing at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, Texas. He joined Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in 2017.
Dr. Ng has received awards for his research and clinical work including the American Liver Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award and the Dr. George Ferry Outstanding GI Faculty Award from Texas Children’s Hospital.
- Medical Director of Endoscopy
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Departments / Divisions
- DO, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (2007)
- Cohen Children's Medical Center-Northwell Health / Pediatrics (2010)
- Baylor College of Medicine / Pediatric Gastroenterology (2013)
- AOA Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Gastroenterology (2013)
- AOA Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2011)
Research & Publications
Ng, K., Rana, A., Masand, P., Patel, K., Heczey, A., Goss, J., Himes, R. (2017). Fatal Central Nervous System Post-Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disease in a Patient Who Underwent Liver Transplantation for Hepatoblastoma. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. Epub ahead of print
Wang, M., Ng, K. (2017). Isolated Appendiceal Pinworms on Colonoscopy. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. 64(6), e15
Ng, K., Stoll, B., Chacko, S., Saenz de Pipaon, M., Lauridsen, C., Gray, M., Squires, E., Marini, J., Zamora, I., Olutoye, O., Burrin, D. (2016). Vitamin E in New-Generation Lipid Emulsions Protects Against Parenteral Nutrition-Associated Liver Disease in Parenteral Nutrition-Fed Preterm Pigs. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 40(5), 656-71
Burrin, D., Ng, K., Stoll, B., and Sáenz de Pipaón, M. (2014). Impact of New Generation Lipid Emulsions on Cellular Mechanisms of Parenteral Nutrition-Associated Liver Disease. Advances in Nutrition, 4(6), 82-91
Greifer, M., Ng, K. and Levine, J. (2012). Impedance and extraesophageal manifestations of reflux in pediatrics. The Laryngoscope, 122(6), 1397-1400
Activities & Honors
- Dr. George Ferry Outstanding GI Faculty Award (2017), Baylor College of Medicine
- American Liver Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award (2012)
- Rhoads Research Foundation Grant (2011)
- NIH Training Grant (2T32DK007664-21)
- Teaching Resident of the Year (2010)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2017
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, 2010