I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Alisa Mae Coker, M.D.
4.7 out of 5
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Expertise: Anti-reflux Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Barrett's Esophagus, Benign Esophageal Conditions, Gastrointestinal Surgery, General Surgery, Hernia Surgery, Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Robotic Surgery, Stomach Surgery ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Alisa Coker, M.D., joins the Johns Hopkins Department of Surgery as assistant professor of surgery. Dr. Coker’s areas of clinical expertise include minimally invasive surgery, bariatric surgery, foregut surgery and hernia surgery.
Dr. Coker received her medical degree from the University of Colorado School of Medicine. She completed her residency and fellowship at the University of California.
Dr. Coker holds membership positions at various organizations, including the American College of Surgeons, the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, and the Americas Hernia Society.
Dr. Coker’s research interests include optimizing pre-operative patient factors and investigating new technology and advances in minimally invasive surgery.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine (2008)
- University of California San Diego School of Medicine / Surgery (2011)
- University of California San Diego School of Medicine / Surgery (2015)
- University of California San Diego School of Medicine / Minimally Invasive Surgery (2016)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery (2017)
Research & Publications
Optimizing pre-operative patient factors and investigating new technology and advances in minimally invasive surgery.
Activities & Honors
- Best Surgical Consult, University of California San Diego Department of Medicine, 2011
- American College of Surgeons, 2008
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, 2012
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, 2012
- Americas Hernia Society, 2017
Videos & Media
Robotic Surgery | FAQ with Dr. Alisa Coker
LINX | FAQ with Dr. Alisa Coker