I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Rachel L. Box, M.S.
Director of Editorial Services, Johns Hopkins Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Rachel Box is the Director of Editorial Services for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. She leads an editorial team to support the publishing endeavors of the orthopaedic surgery faculty.
Rachel earned her M.S. in biomedical writing at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. She continues her training through regular participation in continuing education courses.
In addition to her editorial services role, Rachel was chosen to develop and teach a course for orthopaedic surgery residents on scientific writing and publishing. By surveying the residents prior to course development, she was able to create a curriculum tailored to the needs of these emerging researchers.
She is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Medical Writers Association, the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences, and the Council of Science Editors.
- Director of Editorial Services, Johns Hopkins Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- B.A., Loyola University (Maryland) (1996)
- M.S., University of the Sciences (Pennsylvania) (2011)
- Board of Editors in the Life Sciences Certification (2011)
Activities & Honors
- American Medical Writers Association
- Board of Editors in the Life Sciences
- Council of Science Editors