I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Avner Meoded, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Specializes in: Adolescents (12-18 years), Children (1-11 years), Adults (18+ years), Infants (up to 1 year)
Expertise: Neuroradiology, Nuclear Medicine, Pediatric Radiology
Research Interests: pediatric and adult neuroimaging; Advanced neuroimaging such as: Diffusion tensor imaging, fMRI, PET FDG and connectomics ...read more
Dr. Meoded specializes in pediatric radiology in the Department of Surgery. Neuroradiology is Dr. Meoded’s clinical and research focus. He conducts research on the use of diffusion tensor imaging in pediatric brain disorders, brain tumors and traumatic brain injury, working closely with colleagues from the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Institute for Brain Protection Sciences to improve outcomes for patients through treatment and research.
Dr. Meoded’s work is recognized by experts in the field of neuroradiology, and he has received numerous awards including the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR) Cornelius G. Dyke memorial award, the Fellows Award for Research Excellence (FARE) honored by the National Institute of Health and the 2016 Radiological Society of North America Roentgen Resident/Fellow research award for outstanding radiologic research. He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Neurophysiology and Neurological Disorders. He is an assistant professor of radiology with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Meoded completed clinical fellowships in pediatric radiology and nuclear medicine and a pediatric neuroradiology postdoctoral research fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He also completed a postdoctoral neuroimaging research fellowship at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke at the National Institute of Health. His diagnostic radiology training was done academic medical centers in Italy and Israel after he earned medical degree from the University of Torino, Italy.
- Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Pediatric Imaging
- M.D., University of Turin School of Medicine (Italy) (2003)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Meoded A, Huisman TAGM, Casamassima MGS, Jallo GI, Poretti A. The structural connectome in children: basic concepts, how to build it, and synopsis of challenges for the developing pediatric brain. Neuroradiology. 2017 May;59(5):445-460. doi: 10.1007/s00234-017-1831-1. Epub 2017 Apr 5
Meoded A, Faria AV, Bastian AJ, Jallo GI, Hartman AL, Mori S, Huisman TA, Poretti A. Cerebral reorganization after hemispherectomy: a diffusion tensor imaging study. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016 Jan 14. [Epub ahead of print].
Medoed A, Katipally R, Bosemani M, Huisman TA, Poretti A. Structural Connectivity Analysis Reveals Abnormal Brain Connections in Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum in Children. Eur Radiol. 2015 May;25(5):1471-8
Activities & Honors
- ASNR 2014 Cornelius G. Dyke memorial award for the paper, "Anatomical Connectome Reveals Abnormal Connectivity in Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum in Children.", 2014
- Fellows Award for Research Excellence (FARE), National Institutes of Health, for the abstract “Cerebro-cerebellar functional and structural networks in Primary Lateral Sclerosis”, 2015
- Selection for publication Educational exhibit: eEdE182: Diffusion Tensor Imaging and Fiber Tractography of Pediatric Posterior Fossa Malformations., 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Neuroradiology, Chicago, 2015
- The 2015 RESEARCH AWARD for Johns Hopkins Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Residents and Clinical Fellows for the paper: “Cerebral reorganization after hemispherectomy: A diffusion tensor imaging study, Johns Hopkins Radiology, 2015
- ASPNR Annual Award in Pediatric Neuroradiology Research, ASPNR, 2016
- RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow research award for outstanding radiologic research, RSNA, 2016
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Society of pediatric neuroradiology
- Italian board of physicians- “Ordine dei medici e chirurghi di Brescia”
- Israeli Medical Association
- Journal of Neurophysiology and Neurological Disorders
Editorial board member