I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Khara Michelle Simpson, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Expertise: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Advanced Laparoscopy, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts, Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Khara M. Simpson, M.D., is an assistant professor in the Johns Hopkins Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Prior to joining Johns Hopkins, she was an instructor in obstetrics and gynecology at Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Simpson’s areas of clinical expertise include minimally invasive gynecologic surgery for conditions ranging from endometriosis to fibroids to ovarian cysts.
Dr. Simpson earned her undergraduate degree in biology from Hampton University. She earned her M.D. from Howard University College of Medicine and completed her medical residency at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She completed a fellowship in minimally invasive gynecology at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Simpson’s research interests include robotic and single-site surgical innovations. She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
- Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- MD, Howard University College of Medicine (2009)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gynecology and Obstetrics (2013)
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center / Minimally Invasive Surgery (2016)
- Pending/Scheduled / Obstetrics and Gynecology
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
- Webinar - Minimally Invasive Treatment for Uterine Fibroids
- New Center to Take Multidisciplinary Approach to Endometriosis, Johns Hopkins Gynecology & Obstetrics Newsletter (Winter 2018)
- Fellowship Launches for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Gynecology & Obstetrics Newsletter (Winter 2018)