I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Megan Elizabeth Buresh, M.D.
Medical Director, Inpatient Addiction Consult Service, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2999
5200 Eastern Avenue
Mason Lord Building, West Tower, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Megan Buresh is an assistant professor of medicine and public health at the Johns Hopkins University. Her areas of clinical expertise include addiction medicine, HIV, HCV and internal medicine.
She serves as medical director of the Inpatient Addiction Consultation Service at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
She received her B.A. from Harvard University and earned her M.D. from Johns Hopkins.
- Medical Director, Inpatient Addiction Consult Service, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2013)
- Brigham and Womens' Hospital / Internal Medicine (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2016)
Research & Publications
Buresh, M. Treatment of Kratom Dependence With Buprenorphine-Naloxone Maintenance. J Addict Med. 2018 Jun 25 [Epub ahead of print].
Graddy R, Buresh ME, Rastegar DA. New and Emerging Illicit Psychoactive Substances. Med Clin North Am. 2018 Jul;102(4):697-714
Buresh, M., Leite, L., Rios, N., Conley, A., Flys, T., Page, K.R. (2013) Feasibility of cell phone-based interventions to improve HIV services among foreign-born Latinos. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. 4:661-9
Activities & Honors
- William Welch Award, Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2012
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Mobile outreach van helps treat drug misusers, WBAL, (Jan. 9, 2017)