I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Mariuxi C Manukyan, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years), Geriatrics (55+ years)
Expertise: General Surgery, TraumaSurgery
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Mariuxi Manukyan, M.D., is an assistant professor of surgery at Johns Hopkins, working primarily with the Division of Acute Care Surgery. Dr. Manukyan’s areas of clinical expertise include critical care, general surgery and trauma.
Before joining Johns Hopkins, Dr. Manukyan was an acute care surgery fellow with the Department of Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery at The University of Texas Medical Center in Houston.
Dr. Manukyan received her undergraduate degree from Brown University and earned her medical degree from Brown Alpert Medical School. She completed her residency at Indiana University and fellowships in acute care surgery and surgical critical care at UT Houston Medical Center. She is a member of the Association for Academic Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, the Pan American Trauma Society, the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, and the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
Dr. Manukyan’s research interests include the field of geriatric trauma, specifically in identifying the specific risks associated within the geriatric trauma population and in finding in-hospital methods to decrease the morbidity and mortality associated with this patient population.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery - Acute Care and Adult Trauma Surgery
- MD, Brown University School of Medicine (2007)
- Indiana University School of Medicine / General Surgery (2014)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston / Surgical Critical Care (2015)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2016)
- American Board of Surgery / General Surgery (2016)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgical Critical Care (2016)
Activities & Honors
- Winner of the Indiana ACS Committee of Trauma Resident, Paper Competition, 2013
- Pan American Trauma Society Trauma Elective Scholarship, 2013
- AAST Medical Student and Resident Scholarship to attend the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma and Clinical Congress of Acute Care Surgery 75th Annual Meeting, 2013
- Association for Academic Surgery, 2009
- American College of Surgeons, 2008
- Pan American Trauma Society, 2013
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, 2014
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, 2015