I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Tsion Abdi, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Achalasia, Clinical Gastroenterology, Colon Polyps, Colonoscopy, Constipation, Diarrhea, Digestive Disorders, Diverticulosis, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Motility Disorders, Women's Health ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Howard County
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-933-7495
5450 Knoll North Drive Suite 390 Columbia, MD 21045
Dr. Tsion Abdi is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is gastroenterology.
She earned her M.D. from the Georgetown University School of Medicine. She completed her residency at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center and performed a fellowship in gastroenterology at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Abdi joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2016.
Dr. Abdi has received several awards, including the Wesley Oler, M.D., Award for an Outstanding Resident Physician. She is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Medical Association.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (2010)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2013)
- Yale-New Haven Hospital / Gastroenterology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2014)
Tackling the GI Symptoms of Scleroderma, Clinical Connection (Fall, 2017)
Research & Publications
Abdelaziz DI, Monzur F, Abdi T, Jackson P, Haddad N (2015) Preoperative Localization of Colorectal Tumors with Endoscopic Tattooing for Laparoscopic Surgery. Journal Clinical Trials 6:227. doi:10.4172/2167-0870.1000227.
Activities & Honors
- The Wesley Oler, M.D Award, For An Outstanding Resident Physician, Wesley Oler, M.D
- The Donald Knowlan, M.D. Award, For Demonstrating The Qualities Exemplified by Dr. Ronald Knowlan, Namely Compassion, Humor and Encouragement
- Infectious Disease Society of America Summer Scholarship for Medical Students
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Medical Association