I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Arthur Vaught, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Expertise: Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics
Dr. Arthur "Jason" Vaught is a board certified maternal fetal medicine specialist and surgical critical care physician. His focus is in the discovery of treatment and therapies in HELLP syndrome, decreasing severe maternal morbidity, and cardiovascular diseases in pregnancy.
- Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- MD, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine (2007)
- Emory University School of Medicine / Obstetrics and Gynecology (2011)
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida / Critical Care Medicine (2013)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Maternal & Fetal Medicine (2016)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Maternal and Fetal Medicine (2018)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Obstetrics And Gynecology (2012)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgical Critical Care (2013)
Research & Publications
Vaught AJ, Braunstein EM, Jasem J, Yuan X, Makhlin I, Eloundou S, Baines AC, Merrill SA, Chaturvedi S, Blakemore K, Sperati CJ, Brodsky RA. Germline mutations in the alternative pathway of complement predispose to HELLP Syndrome. JCI Insight. Publish online March 22, 2018
Vaught AJ. Maternal Sepsis. Semin Perinatal. 2018 Feb; 42(1): 9-12.
Vaught AJ, Szymanski LM, Mukherjee M, Mayer S, Seifert S, Vaidya D, Murphy J, Argani CM, O’Kelly A, York S, Ouyang P, Zakaria S. The Acute Effects of Preeclampsia on the Heart. JACC Accepted.
Smid MC, Dotters-Katz SK, Vaught AJ, Vladutiu CJ, Boggess KA, Stamilio DM. Maternal suberobesity and risk for intensive care unit admission in the MFMU Cesarean Registry. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017 Aug; 96(8): 976-983
Szymanski L, Arnold C, Vaught AJ, Lamantia S, Harris T, Satin AJ. Implementation of a multicenter shoulder dystocia injury prevention program. Semin Perinatol. 2017 Apr; 41(3): 187-194.
Activities & Honors
- Robert E. Meyerhoff Professorship, The Johns Hopkins University
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health, NIH and Johns Hopkins University
- Perinatal Research Society Cassady Young Investigator Award
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Perinatal Research Society