I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Marietta Tan, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Languages: English, Chinese, Mandarin
Expertise: Benign Tumors of the Head and Neck, Head and Neck Cancers, Laryngeal Cancer, Oral Cancers, Otolaryngology (ENT), Salivary Gland Tumors, Skin Cancer of the Head and Neck, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Masses, Tonsil Cancer, Transoral robotic surgery (TORS) ...read more
Dr. Marietta Tan is a head and neck cancer surgeon. She specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, including the upper aerodigestive tract, salivary glands, thyroid and parathyroid glands, and skin.
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2009)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Otolaryngology (2015)
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center / Head and Neck Surgery (2017)
- Pending/Scheduled / Otolaryngology-General
Research & Publications
Dr. Tan’s research interests include the molecular mechanisms underlying the development and progression of head and neck cancers.
Tan M, Kang H, Bishop JA, Jones S, Sausen M, Ha PK and Agrawal N. (2017) Whole-exome sequencing of salivary gland mucoepidermoid carcinoma. Clinical Cancer Research. 23(1): 283-288.
Ling S, Rettig EM, Tan M, Chang X, Wang Z, Brait M, Bishop JA, Fertig EJ, Considine M, Wick MJ, Ha PK. (2016) Identification of methylated genes in salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma xenografts using global demethylation and methylation microarray screening. Int J Oncol. 49(1):225-34.
Rettig EM, Tan M, Ling S, Yonescu R, Bishop JA, Fakhry C and Ha PK. (2015) MYB rearrangement and clinicopathologic characteristics in head and neck adenoid cystic carcinoma. Laryngoscope, 125(9):E292-9.
Tan M, Shao C, Bishop JA, Feng Z, Trock BJ, Westra WH and Ha PK. (2014) Aquaporin-1 promoter hypermethylation is associated with improved prognosis in salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 150(5):801-7.
Tan M, Fakhry C, Fan K, Zaboli D, Neuner G, Zinreich ES, Levine MA, Tang M, Blanco RG, Saunders JR, Califano JA and Ha PK. (2013) Timing of restaging PET/CT and neck dissection after chemoradiation for advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Otolaryngology, 3(1):128.
Activities & Honors
- T32 Research Training Fellowship, National Institute of Health Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2011 - 2013
- Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Research Grant, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2012 - 2013
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Head and Neck Society