I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Verena Staedtke, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of Pediatric Neurofibromatosis, Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Neurofibromatosis Center
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Languages: English, German, Latin
Expertise: Brain Tumors, Neurofibromatosis, Neurology, Pediatric Brain Tumors, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Spinal Cord Tumors, Spinal Tumors
Research Interests: Mechanisms and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of malignant brain tumors and neurofibromatosis
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Appointment Phone: 410-502-6732
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Verena Staedtke is a neurologist specializing in neurofibromatosis and disorders of the peripheral nerves. She received her medical degree from Charité- Universitätsmedizin in Berlin.
- Director of Pediatric Neurofibromatosis, Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Neurofibromatosis Center
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Centers & Institutes
- MD PhD, Charite-Universitatsmedizin Berlin (2007)
- Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters / Pediatrics (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatric Neurology (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2016)
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology / Neurology/Special Child Neurology (2014)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology-General (2014)
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties, Neuro-Oncology (2015)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Scholar Award, Francis S. Collins, 2015
- Excellence in Research, Jay Slotkin Award, 2014