I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sara Alcorn, M.D., M.P.H.
Sara Rachel Alcorn, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Breast Cancer, External Beam Radiation Therapy, Image-Guided Radiation Therapy, Metastatic Bone Disease, Prone Breast Radiation, Radiation Oncology, Sarcoma, Stereotactic Radiosurgery ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Dr. Sara Alcorn specializes in the treatment of breast tumors, sarcomas, and the delivery of palliative radiotherapy. She received her undergraduate degree from Cornell University in Biological Sciences and Sociology. She attended medical school at Harvard University, where she also earned a Master in Public Health. Dr. Alcorn completed residency in Radiation Oncology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, where she served as the chief resident during her fifth year of oncology training.
Dr. Alcorn focuses her research on the improvement of clinical outcomes and quality of life in the management of breast cancer, sarcomas, and palliative radiotherapy. She has investigated imaging techniques that improve accuracy of radiation delivery to sites including breast and sarcoma, patterns of care in the management of metastatic cancer, means for improving treatment of painful bone tumors, and the role of spirituality at the end of life. Dr. Alcorn is actively involved in clinical trials for breast cancer, sarcomas, and palliative radiotherapy.
Concurrent with her clinic practice, Dr. Alcorn is earning a Ph.D. in clinical investigation, expanding her expertise in biostatistics, epidemiology, and clinical trial design and evaluation. Her work focuses on integrating data collection from past patients to better inform the treatment of future patients, with the goal of advancing individualized medicine.
- Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Harvard Medical School (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiation Oncology (2015)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Excellence in Patient Care Award, Miller-Coulson Academy, Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2015 - 2015
- KL2 Mentored Career Development Grant, 2015-2018, National Institutes of Health and Johns Hopkins University, 2015 - 2016
- Young Investigator Award, International Society of Paediatric Oncology Annual Congress, 2014 - 2014
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, Palliative Care Committee
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- International Society of Paediatric Oncology, Young Investigator Steering Committee