I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sami Alasfar, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Arabic
Expertise: Acute Kidney Injury (AKI), Chronic Kidney Disease, Hypertension, Incompatible Kidney Transplant, Kidney Transplant, Pancreas Transplant, Transplant Medicine ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-5045
1800 Orleans St. Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Sami Alasfar is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include renal and pancreas transplantation.
Dr. Alasfar earned his M.D. from the University of Damascus. He completed his residency at Temple University Hospital. He was elected as a chief resident in Temple Internal Medicine. He performed a fellowship in nephrology at Johns Hopkins. He also did a fellowship in renal transplantation at Johns Hopkins.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBBS, University of Damascus (2008)
- Temple University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (2015)
Research & Publications
Contact for Research Inquiries
Johns Hopkins University Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Transplantation