I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Mark Thomas Jennings, M.D., M.H.S.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: Bacterial infection in cystic fibrosis
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
1830 E. Monument Street
1830 Building 5th Floor Pulmonary
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Mark Jennings is an instructor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include pulmonary and critical care medicine.
Dr. Jennings completed his undergraduate work at the University of Notre Dame and earned his medical degree at Georgetown University. He completed a combined internal medicine and pediatrics residency at Georgetown, including a year as chief resident, prior to coming to Johns Hopkins for fellowship training in pulmonary and critical care medicine. He earned a Master of Health Science at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
His research interests include bacterial infection in cystic fibrosis.
Dr. Jennings is a faculty member in the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program at the Johns Hopkins Cystic Fibrosis Center. He has been recognized by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with a Harry Shwachman Clinical Investigator Award.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (2007)
- Georgetown University School of Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Critical Care Medicine (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Pulmonary Disease (2015)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Jennings MT, Boyle MP, Weaver D, Callahan KA, Dasenbrook EC. "Eradication strategy for persistent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in individuals with cystic fibrosis--the PMEP trial: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial." Trials. 2014 Jun 12;15:223. doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-223.
Jennings MT, Riekert KA, Boyle MP. "Update on key emerging challenges in cystic fibrosis." Med Princ Pract. 2014;23(5):393-402. doi: 10.1159/000357646. Epub 2014 Jan 10. Review.
Activities & Honors
- Harry Shwachman Clinical Investigator Award, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation