I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Courtney Goodwin Masear, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Dr. Courtney Masear is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is anesthesiology.
She completed her undergraduate studies at Princeton University and continued on to Johns Hopkins for medical school. Her path to anesthesiology began when she was a medical student and did a rotation in the department. She enjoyed the procedural aspects of the specialty as well as observing physiology in real-time.
After graduating from Johns Hopkins in 2009, Dr. Masear completed her intern year in internal medicine across town at Mercy Medical Center. She then returned to the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine to start residency. She took a brief hiatus from clinical training to focus on research and completed residency in 2016.
While Dr. Masear enjoys all aspects of anesthesiology, obstetric anesthesia is her passion. She is also interested in resident education.
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2009)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology (2015)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2016)