I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Mark J Scheer, M.D.
Expertise: Reconstructive Surgery, Sports Medicine
Orthopaedic Medicine and Surgery
Appointment Phone: 202-835-2222
1850 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20036 map
Dr. Mark J. Scheer is a clinical instructor for George Washington University and Georgetown University orthopaedic surgery residents, as well as an orthopaedic surgeon at Sibley Memorial Hospital. He is board certified and practices out of Orthopaedic Medicine and Surgery in Washington, D.C. He is affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington Hospital Center, George Washington University Hospital and Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Scheer is also an orthopaedic team physician for Gallaudet University.
Dr. Scheer has an expertise in sports medicine, as well as knee and shoulder reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Scheer earned his medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine. He completed residencies in general surgery and orthopedic surgery at New York University School of Medicine, followed by a sports medicine fellowship at Southern California Center for Sports Medicine.
Dr. Scheer is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Medical Society of the District of Columbia and the Washington Orthopaedic Society.
Dr. Scheer has published numerous peer-reviewed articles.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine (1993)
- New York University School of Medicine - GME / General Surgery (1995)
- New York University School of Medicine / Orthopedic Surgery (1999)
- Southern California Center for Sports Medicine / Sports Medicine (2000)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery / Orthopedic Surgery (2002)