I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Mark R Abbruzzese, M.D.
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Appointment Phone: 202-243-2500
5255 Loughboro Rd NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. Mark R. Abbruzzese is an infectious disease specialist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital. He practices out of MedStar Medical Group at New Mexico Avenue in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Abbruzzese earned his medical degree from American University School of Medicine. He completed a an internship and residency in internal medicine at Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in infectious diseases at Georgetown University Hospital.
Dr. Abbruzzese is a member of the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Abbruzzese earned the 2015 Armstrong Award for Excellence in Quality and Safety by the Johns Hopkins Medicine Clinical Awards for Physicians and Care Teams. He has also been named a Top MD by Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine.
Dr. Abbruzzese has contributed to publications on infectious disease topics.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD; Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine American University (1981)
- Washington DC VA Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1984)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Infectious Diseases (1986)
- Pending/Scheduled / Infectious Disease