I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
James R Bruno, D.M.D., M.D.
Expertise: Breast Reconstruction, Cosmetic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery of the Face, Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Facial Trauma Reconstructive Surgery, Liposuction, Orthognathic Surgery , Plastic Surgery ...read more
Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery
Appointment Phone: 301-215-5955
5454 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 map
Dr. James R. Bruno is a plastic surgeon affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital, as well as an off-site residency program director at Sibley Memorial Hospital for the Georgetown University Hospital plastic surgery residency program. Dr. Bruno is certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He practices out of Chevy Chase Plastic Surgery in Chevy Chase, Md.
Dr. Bruno has an expertise in cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body, as well as laser-assisted liposuction, breast reconstruction, facial trauma reconstruction, general reconstruction and orthognathic surgery.
Dr. Bruno earned his dental degree from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania. He completed a residency in general surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, as well as a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Bruno also completed a fellowship in plastic surgery at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Dr. Bruno is a member of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, the National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He volunteers with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, where he treats underprivileged women and children.
Dr. Bruno was recognized as one of America’s Top Plastic Surgeons by the Consumers Research Council of America, as well as a Top Doctor for Breast Reconstructive Plastic Surgery by Washingtonian Magazine.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- DMD, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (1992)
- MD, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - GME (1996)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - GME / General Surgery (1998)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - GME / Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (1999)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - GME / General Surgery (2000)
- The Childrens Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic / Plastic Surgery (2002)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (2003)