I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Dan T Brody, M.D.
Expertise: Allergy and Immunology, Clinical Immunology
Dan Brody, MD
Appointment Phone: 202-966-7100
3301 New Mexico Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dan T. Brody, M.D., is an allergy and immunology specialist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital. Dr. Brody is certified in allergy and immunology by the American Board of Allergy & Immunology. He has a private practice in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Brody earned his undergraduate degree and medical degree from the University of Maryland in Baltimore. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in allergy and clinical immunology at the National Institutes of Health.
During his medical studies, Dr. Brody won the Milton H. Sacks Award for Excellence in Hematology and the Distinguished Residents and Fellows Asthma Scholarship Award. He has been named a Top M.D. by Washingtonian Magazine for numerous years, as well as a Top Allergist/Immunologist. Dr. Brody has also been named a Super Doctor by the Washington Post Magazine, a Top M.D. by Consumers’ Checkbook magazine and a Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C. and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Brody is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; the American Thoracic Society; the Greater Washington Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Society; and the Medical Society of the District of Columbia.
Dr. Brody has contributed to numerous publications on allergy and immunology topics.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, University of Maryland Baltimore (1992)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1994)
- National Institutes of Health-Credentialing Services Section / Allergy and Clinical Immunology (1998)
Research & Publications
Luccioli S; Brody DT; Hasan S; Keane-Myers A, Prussin C, Metcalfe DD. "IgE+, Kit-, I-A/I-E- myeloid cells are the initial source of Il-4 after antigen challenge in a mouse model of allergic pulmonary inflammation." Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2002 110(1): 117-124.
Activities & Honors
- Top M.D., Washingtonian Magazine
- Top Allergist/Immunologist, Washingtonian Magazine
- Super Doctor, Washington Post Magazine
- Top M.D., Consumers' Checkbook
- Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C. and Washington-Baltimore Areas, Castle Connolly
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Thoracic Society
- Greater Washington Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Society
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
"Playdates with Allergic Playmates." Washington Parent. 07/01/2006