I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Bradley H Bennett, M.D.
Expertise: Colon and Rectal Surgery, Colon Surgery, Rectal Surgery, Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery, Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization (THD) ...read more
Metro Colon and Rectal Surgery PC
Appointment Phone: 301-681-6437
4701 Randolph Rd
Rockville, MD 20852 map
Dr. Bradley H. Bennett is a colon and rectal surgeon affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital and George Washington University, where he is an assistant clinical professor of surgery for the School of Medicine. Dr. Bennett is board certified in colon and rectal surgery by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. He practices out of Metro Colon and Rectal Surgery, located in Rockville, Maryland.
Dr. Bennett has an expertise in cancers of the colon and rectum, polyps of the colon and rectum, diverticular disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, volvulus, anorectal abscesses and fistulas, fissures, hemorrhoids, pilonidal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer, colorectal genetic testing, anal pain and itching, colonoscopy, hereditary polyposis syndromes, rectal prolapse, fecal incontinence and condyloma acuminata.
Dr. Bennett earned his bachelor’s degree from Tufts University and his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in general surgery at George Washington University Hospital, followed by a fellowship in colorectal surgery. Dr. Bennett previously served in public health at the National Institutes of Health and as the chief of the Department of Surgery at Holy Cross Hospital.
Dr. Bennett has been featured as a medical expert on the Top Doctors Interviews on CNN Headline News, FOX News and CNBC. He has been named a Super Doctor by the Washington Post magazine, a Top Doctor by Consumers’ Checkbook magazine and a Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Bennett is a member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, the American Medical Association and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1977)
- George Washington University Hospital / General Surgery (1981)
- George Washington University Hospital / Colorectal Surgery (1983)
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery / Colon & Rectal (1984)
Activities & Honors
- Super Doctor, Washington Post Magazine
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore, Castle Connolly, 2014
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons