I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Anitha S Nair, M.D.
Expertise: Gynecology, Infertility , Obstetrics, Reproductive Endocrinology
Dr. Anitha S. Nair is a reproductive endocrinologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, where she is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology for the School of Medicine. Dr. Nair is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as reproductive endocrinology. She practices out of Shady Grove Fertility, located in Washington, D.C. and Arlington, Virginia.
Dr. Nair earned her medical degree from University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at University of Texas Health Science Center.
Dr. Nair has been named a Top Doctor for Infertility by Washingtonian Magazine and a Top Doctor by Consumers’ Checkbook magazine. In 2014, she earned the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology Award.
Dr. Nair is a fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as well as an associate member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology.
Dr. Nair has contributed to numerous publications.
Departments / Divisions
- Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2000)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Obstetrics & Gynecology (2004)
- University Health Center-Downtown / Reproductive Endocrinology (2007)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Obstetrics And Gynecology (2006)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Reproductive Endocrinology (2010)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Nair AS, Sudeep Kumar VP, Joe H. "Widely tunable LP11 cladding-mode resonance in a twisted mechanically induced long-period fiber grating." Appl Opt. 2015 Mar 10;54(8):2007-10. doi: 10.1364/AO.54.002007.
Nair AS, Nair HB, Lucidi RS, Kirchner AJ, Schenken RS, Tekmal RR, Witz CA. "Modeling the early endometriotic lesion: mesothelium-endometrial cell co-culture increases endometrial invasion and alters mesothelial and endometrial gene transcription." Fertil Steril. 2008 Oct;90(4 Suppl):1487-95. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2007.09.047.
Witz CA, Dechaud H, Montoya-Rodriguez IA, Thomas MR, Nair AS, Centonze VE, Schenken RS. "An in vitro model to study the pathogenesis of the early endometriosis lesion." Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Mar;955:296-307; discussion 340-2, 396-406.
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor for Infertility, Washingtonian Magazine, 2015 - 2016
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook, 2015
- Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology Award, 2014
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology