I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Richard E Rubin, M.D.
Chief of Cardiology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Languages: English, French
Expertise: Arrhythmia, Cardiology, Cardiomyopathy, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Disease in Women, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Cardiovascular Diseases, Cardiovascular Medicine, Chest Pain, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases, Echocardiography, Echocardiography and Nuclear Cardiology , General Cardiology, Heart Failure, Heart Valve Diseases, High Cholesterol, Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension, Nuclear Cardiology, Nuclear Stress Tests, Pacemakers, Preventive Cardiology, Stress Testing ...read more
Richard Rubin, MD
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 301-654-6442
5530 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 700 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Phone: 301-654-6442 | Fax: 301-654-4237
Richard E. Rubin, M.D., is the chief of cardiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital, the chairman for Sibley's Department of Medicine and a member of the Sibley Medical Executive Committee. Dr. Rubin is also a member of the Suburban Hospital Medical Executive Committee. He is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
In addition to general cardiology, Dr. Rubin has expertise in arrhythmias, cardiomyopathy, cardiovascular disease, chest pain, complications of diabetes, diagnostic cardiology, echocardiography, heart failure, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, interdisciplinary medicine, nuclear cardiology, pacemakers, preventive cardiology, stress tests and valve disease.
Dr. Rubin earned his medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine and fellowship in cardiology at Georgetown University School of Medicine, where he now serves as a clinical assistant professor of medicine. Dr. Rubin has also completed the Johns Hopkins Leadership Development Program.
At Sibley Memorial Hospital, Dr. Rubin also serves as the chairman for the Department of Medicine Peer Review Committee, a physician advisor for the cardiology service line, a chairman for the Emergency Department Committee, a physician advisor for case coordination, a chairman for the Clinical Resources Management Committee, a member of the Code Blue Committee, and a member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
Dr. Rubin is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology, as well as a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, the District of Columbia Medical Society, the Montgomery County Medical Society and the American Heart Association.
Dr. Rubin has been named a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine and Consumers' Checkbook, as well as a Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Rubin has conducted research on acute myocardial ischemia and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, as well as with the Special Action Office for Drug Abuse Prevention with Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Chief of Cardiology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Chairman, Department of Medicine, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1977)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Medicine (1980)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Cardiology (1982)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (1983)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1980)
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- Regional Top Doctor for Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Washington-Baltimore, Castle Connolly
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- District of Columbia Medical Society
- Montgomery County Medical Society
- American Heart Association