I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Shadpour Demehri, M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Languages: English, Farsi
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Research Interests: Kinematic imaging; Weight bearing extremity imaging; Osteoarthritis imaging and Outcome assessment
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 443-997-7237
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Shadpour Demehri is an Associate Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science. He specializes in diagnostic radiology and musculoskeletal (MSK) radiology.
Dr. Demehri received his M.D. from Tehran University School of Medicine in 2003. He completed a fellowship in radiology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He performed his residency in diagnostic radiology in 2010 at Brigham & Women’s Hospital, where he subsequently completed two fellowships, one in musculoskeletal and nuclear radiology and a second in noninvasive cardiovascular imaging.
He joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in September 2012.
Dr. Demehri is certified by the American Board of Radiology.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology and Radiological Science
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Tehran University School of Medicine (2003)
- Brigham and Womens Hospital / Diagnostic Radiology (2010)
- Brigham and Womens Hospital / Musculoskeletal Radiology (2011)
- Brigham and Womens Hospital (2012)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2010)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
George E, Mitsouras D, Kumamaru KK, Shah N, Smith SE, Schultz K, Deaver PM, Mullen KM, Steigner ML, Gravereaux EC, Demehri S, Bueno EM, Talbot SG, Pomahac B, Rybicki FJ. "Upper extremity composite tissue allotransplantation imaging." Eplasty. 2013;13:e38. eCollection 2013
Shores JT, Demehri S, Chhabra A. Kinematic "‘4 Dimensional’ CT imaging in the assessment of wrist biomechanics before and after surgical repair." Eplasty. 2013;13:e9. Epub 2013 Feb 23
Hanley M, Mitsouras D, Steigner ML, Demehri S, Signorelli J, Kumamaru KK, Rybicki FJ. "Computed tomography angiography gravitational gradient as an imaging sign of slow flow." J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2013 Mar-Apr;37(2):297-300. doi: 10.1097/RCT.0b013e31827bc476
Demehri S, Salazar P, Steigner ML, Atev S, Masoud O, Raffy P, Jacobs SA, Rybicki FJ. "Image quality improvement using an image-based noise reduction algorithm: initial experience in a phantom model for urinary stones." J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2012 Sep-Oct;36(5):610-5
Lu MT, Demehri S, Cai T, Parast L, Hunsaker AR, Goldhaber SZ, Rybicki FJ. "Axial and reformatted four-chamber right ventricle-to-left ventricle diameter ratios on pulmonary CT angiography as predictors of death after acute pulmonary embolism." AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Jun;198(6):1353-60. doi:10.2214/AJR.11.7439
Activities & Honors
- Top 1% Rank in the United States, American College of Radiology in-training exam, 2008 - 2009
- Annual Research Award for Outstanding Research, Harvard Medical School, 2010
- Research Trainee Prize, RSNA, 2012
- Research Trainee Prize, RSNA, 2011
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award, RSNA, 2011
- Certificate of Appreciation, Partners Radiology (Brigham & Women Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital), 2010
- Introduction to Research Award Grant, RSNA/AUR/ARRS, 2008