I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ramin Oskoui, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Cardiac Catheterization, Cardiology, Cardiomyopathy, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Disease in Women, Congenital Heart Disease, Echocardiography, Heart Block, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, Pacemakers, Preventive Cardiology, Transesophogeal Echocardiography (TEE), Valvular Heart Disease ...read more
Appointment Phone: 202-464-5770
3301 New Mexico Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. Ramin Oskoui is a cardiologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Suburban Hospital and Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Oskoui is certified in cardiovascular disease by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He practices out of Capital Heart Associates in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Oskoui has an expertise in acute coronary syndrome, cardiac catheterization, cardiomyopathy, cardiovascular disease, congenital heart disease, valvular heart disease, echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography, heart block, high cholesterol, hypertension, pacemakers and preventive cardiology.
Dr. Oskoui earned his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at Emory University Hospital, followed by a residency in internal medicine at Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Oskoui went on to complete a fellowship in cardiology at Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Oskoui is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Oskoui was named the 2015 Physician of the Year by Johns Hopkins Medicine Clinical Awards for Physicians and Care Teams. He has also won the Patients’ Choice Award for numerous years and has been named a Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C. and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly. Dr. Oskoui has also received Compassionate Doctor Recognition and was named a 2014 Top 10 Doctor in the District of Columbia for Cardiologists.
Dr. Oskoui has contributed to various publications on cardiology topics.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surg (1989)
- Emory University Hospital / Orthopaedic Surgery (1991)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1992)
- Washington Hospital Center / Cardiology (1995)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (1995)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Timing of ventricular septal rupture after acute myocardial infarction and its relation to thrombolytic therapy.
Oskoui, R., Van Voorhees, L. B., DiBianco, R., Kiernan, J. M., Lee, F., Lindsay, J.; Am J Cardiol. 1996 Oct 15.
Salmonella aortitis. A report of a successfully treated case with a comprehensive review of the literature.
Oskoui, R., Davis, W. A., Gomes, M. N.; Arch Intern Med. 1993 Feb 22.
Aortic dissection in women < 40 years of age and the unimportance of pregnancy.
Oskoui, R., Lindsay, J.; Am J Cardiol. 1994 Apr 15.
Activities & Honors
- Castle Connolly's Top Doctors™ , 2010 - 2013
- Patients' Choice Award , 2008 - 2011
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition , 2010 - 2011
- Top 10 Doctor, District of Columbia Cardioligst , 2014
- District of Columbia Cardiologist Top 10 Doctor - City , 2014
- 2015 Physician of the Year at Sibley Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine Clinical Awards for Physicians and Care Teams, 2015
- American College of Cardiology
- Board of Trustees ex officio, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Board of Trustees ex officio, Sibley Memorial Hospital Foundation, Washington, D.C.