I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Annie - Umbricht, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
Expertise: Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Coordination of Medical Care during Substance Abuse Treatment; Detection and Treatment of Psychiatric co-morbidity during Substance Abuse Treatment; Integration of pharmacologic and behavioral treatment ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Faculty of Medicine University Lasanne Centre Hospital University (1980)
- Christian-Albrechts-Universitat Kiel / Anesthesiology (1982)
- Hopital Regional DE Delemont (HRD) / Internal Medicine (1983)
- Basle University / General Surgery (1985)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / General Internal Medicine (1988)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Behavioral Pharmacology (1991)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / General Internal Medicine (1991)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1989)
Research & Publications
A Umbricht-Schneiter, RD Moore, P Santora: "Alcohol Abuse: a comparison of two Methods for measuring its Prevalence and associated Morbidity in hospitalized Patients." The American Journal of Medicine Aug 1991, 91: 110-8
A Umbricht-Schneiter, DH Ginn, KM Pabst, GE Bigelow: Providing medical Care to Methadone Clinic Patients: A controlled Study of Referral versus On-Site Careo Am J Public Health, 1994; 84:207-210
K Silverman, CJ Wong, ST Higgins, RK Brooner, ID Montoya, C Contoreggi, A Umbricht-Schneiter, CR Schuster, KL Preston: Increasing Opiate Abstinence Through Voucher-based Reinforcement Therapy. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 1996; 41:157-165
A Umbricht, ID Montoya, DR Hoover, KL Demuth, CT Chiang, KL Preston: Naltrexone-Shortened Opioid Detoxification with Buprenorphineo 1999, Alcohol and Drug Dependence; 56:181-190