I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Steven Toshihiro Kariya, M.D.
Specializes in: Adolescents (12-18 years), Adults (18+ years)
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Asthma, Bronchitis, Bronchoscopy, Chest Pain, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Critical Care Medicine, Fiber Bronchoscopy, Lung Nodules, Pulmonary Function Test, Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep Disorders ...read more
Appointment Phone: 301-942-2977
10605 Concord Street
Kensington, MD 20895 map
Graduate of Harvard College, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University. Residency in Medicine at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women''s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Research Fellowship in Respiratory Biology, Harvard School of Public Health.
Private Practice, Pulmonologists PC of Montgomery County, MD since 1988. Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine. Special interest in sleep medicine.
Clinical Professor of Medicine, George Washington Univ. School of Medicine since 2005. President, DC Thoracic Society, Washington DC 2014-2015. Volunteer Physician, Mercy Health Clinic, Gaithersburg MD. Member, Board of Directors, Mercy Health Clnic, 2013-15. Faculty leader, Hait mobile health clinics, Project Medishares and G.W. International Medicine, 2012- .
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Weill Medical College of Cornell University (1980)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (1983)
- Brigham and Womens Hospital / Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (1986)
- Harvard Medical School / Pulmonary Medicine (1987)
- Brigham and Womens Hospital / Pulmonary Medicine (1988)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1983)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Pulmonary Disease (1986)